WHAT IS A PERFORMANCE TEST?
A method to assess an athlete’s current level of fitness within a controlled environment. It is conducted using various instruments and measurement tools to gauge an accurate understanding of the athlete being tested.
WHY SHOULD YOU UNDERTAKE THE BFUNCTIONAL TESTING & ANALYSIS SERVICE?
[pricingtable id=”1900″ ]
Performance testing is vital for successful implementation of an exercise or training plan. The primary purpose of the BFunctional Testing and Analysis service is as follows:
- It provides a benchmark of current technique & fitness levels
- Identifies areas of strength and weaknesses to develop.
- Repeat tests provide evidence of development and improved performance, in particular if following a structured coaching plan.
- Allows analysis of the physiological changes that happen as you exercise enabling you to target strength and weaknesses.
- More accurate than completing DIY analysis and testing!
- This service complements the BFunctional Training Plans and Online Coaching.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD YOU UNDERTAKE PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS & TESTING?
- Initial testing provides a starting point and the information a coach needs to devise an appropriate and successful plan. Progress checks allow on-going assessment of fitness and enable changes to be made to the plan, if necessary.
- On-going regular testing also provides a picture of short, medium and long term changes in all aspects of exercise, training performance or general fitness. Tests should be carried out at the beginning of each phase of exercise or training and at specific points during a phase to monitor changes in performance.
- Finally, at the end of a plan testing allows a full analysis and review of the plan and contributes to future planning.
BIKE PERFORMANCE TESTS:
Note: Tests in grey boxes are suitable for all cyclists and those in blue boxes are suitable for more experienced cyclists/triathletes only. The “red arrow” logo indicates a test that can be repeated to assess progress.