Terms of Service
BFunctional has created these Terms and Conditions for the mutual enjoyment of the clients.
The enforcement of these conditions is for the good of all clients. No client will be judged on the basis of their race, gender, marital/civil partnership status, age, disability, religion or belief, colour, national origin or sexual orientation.
In these terms and conditions (‘you’ and ‘your’) means you the client using our services or facilities, (‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’) means BFunctional. To ensure the safety of all clients, we require you to observe the following terms and conditions of use of BFunctional services.
References in these Terms and Conditions to “BFunctional”, “we”, “us” or “our” means BFunctional, based at the Celtic Academy, Newport. NP18 1HQ, located on the Celtic Manor Resort.
These General Terms and Conditions apply to all BFunctional services and are in addition to all signs at the BFunctional Academy, in particular those relating to health and safety, and to the rules and regulations as they apply from time to time.
We reserve the right to make changes to these Terms and Conditions and rules and regulations
MEMBER’S HEALTH AND SAFETY WARRANTY
Prior to using any service at BFunctional you must agree to the Health Commitment Statement.
In addition, prior to undertaking your first Personal Training session you will need to complete the PARQ Form. If there are some answers that indicate you have a medical condition, we may require a doctor’s note.
Members and guests must warrant and represent that they are in good physical condition and capable of engaging in exercise and notify a member of BFunctional immediately in order that client notes and their program can be updated, or medical clearance obtained.
If through injury or other reason, such as pregnancy, this is not the case, they must consult a doctor before engaging in exercise and that he/she knows of no medical or other reason why he/she is not able to engage in active or passive exercise and that such exercise would not be detrimental to his/her health, safety, comfort or physical condition.
The client shall not use the facility whilst suffering from any infectious or contagious illness, disease or other ailment or whilst suffering from a physical ailment such as open cuts, abrasions, open sores or minor infections where there is a risk that such use may be detrimental to the health, safety, comfort or physical condition of other clients.
We recommend that before using the facility you familiarise yourself with the fire exits and emergency routes in case of evacuation. Please note that BFuctional is NOT required to “seek & search” the building. Therefore, it is the responsibility of each individual to follow the relevant instructions.
Cleaning materials are provided, and members must ensure equipment is cleaned prior to and following use. Regular hand washing and use of the provided hand sanitiser is essential
USE OF FACILITIES AND SERVICES
BFunctional opening hours are fixed by the Company and are subject to change without prior notice.
BFunctional may at any time close the premises or any part thereof, without notice, in order to; execute repairs, alterations, accommodate external events, re-decorations or otherwise, to facilitate programs or on certain holidays.
Clients are requested to arrive at the facility for appointments and classes 5mins before the official start time.
A Coach may refuse entry if a client arrives later than the start time or may ask any client to leave a class if they feel theirs, or another’s, safety or enjoyment is in jeopardy.
BFunctional reserves the right to refuse entry to the premises at its absolute discretion. Please see our Booking Rules for more information.
It is the Client’s responsibility to ensure that they are capable of undergoing any activity within the facility.
All activities are pursued at the Client’s own risk.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the class program, the management reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule classes after publication and at short notice.
The program may be amended during public holidays.
Members may not use the facilities unsupervised outside the class timetable. Use of fitness areas and other facilities is at the Client’s own risk and under their own medical advice.
Proper attire, as determined by BFunctional, must be worn in the facility – this includes not going topless in the fitness areas. Members are requested to wear at all times appropriate clean footwear in the fitness areas.
No alcoholic beverages or drugs of any kind may be brought into the facility. Violation of this rule will result in immediate expulsion from BFunctional and may result in termination of future bookings.
Client shall not use the facilities whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs. In the event they do so, this is entirely at their own risk.
Members cannot take photos or videos of other clients in the facility and be considerate of other users when using a mobile phone.
We operate a safe environment for our clients. As part of that safe environment, we ask all clients to use social media in an appropriate manner, having regard to other individual’s privacy.
Any use of social media identifying our clients or revealing their personal details will be taken as a serious breach of these terms and conditions and may result in your future bookings being terminated.
In the interest of safety, no glass container may be taken into any fitness areas, pool or changing areas.
Be considerate of others; loud or abusive language will not be tolerated.
BFunctional property is provided by BFunctional as a courtesy to its clients during facility usage only.
Removal of BFunctional property from the premises may result in the termination of client privileges and legal action.
Client appointments for personal training that have been booked require 24 hours’ notice when cancelling. If a client fails to attend an appointment without providing such notice, BFunctional reserves the right to charge the full cost of the appointment. Please see our Booking Rules for more information.
Clients are required to leave workout areas clean and tidy. As a courtesy to other clients and for health and safety reasons, equipment needs to be replaced in the storage areas/racks provided and equipment must be wiped down after use.
Any unused Personal Training sessions or credit cannot be refunded.
CLASS BOOKING RULES
All classes must be paid for in advance via our online booking system.
All classes are booked in advance via our online booking system.
Expiry & Payment Dates
All class purchases start on the date of purchase and are valid for 3 months.
Session Attendance Terms
- Bookings open 2 hours post-class for the following week, i.e., 1 week before the start time of the class.
- We encourage you to arrive at your class 5 minutes before.
- When a class is full, you will be able to book onto a waiting list.
- Spaces in class will be given out to waiting list members in order of place on the list.
- If you change your mind, cancellation is available up until 2 hours before the start of the class. Late cancellation will be classified as a no-show.
- If a place becomes available, you will be sent an email or push message on your phone, to say you have been moved into the class but can cancel if you choose.
- If you move from the waiting list into a class, you will not generate a no-show or late cancellation.
- We ask that all members wipe down their equipment in class before and after use, in-line with our updated cleaning protocols.
PERSONAL TRAINING BOOKING RULES
- All PT Sessions must be paid for in advance via our online booking system.
- Personal Training calendar bookings are made through the PT directly. The PTs are solely responsible for their diary and will book all sessions for you. Once booked they will be shown on the app so you can confirm the booking is secure.
Expiry & Payment Dates
- Single sessions must be used within a certain number of days from purchase. All single sessions start on the date of purchase and are valid for 6 months.
- For both Silver & Gold Membership the first full period begins on the membership’s start date. Bills one cycle at a time. Contact BFunctional to cancel.
- PT sessions are non-transferable.
Session Attendance Terms
- If you cancel a booked session with less than 24 hours’ notice, or fail to attend a booked session, you will be charged for the session or, in the case of PT by DD, the session will be mark as redeemed
- If you’re late for your session, your session time will be reduced accordingly. If you’re more than 20 minutes late for your session, the session may be cancelled and marked as redeemed
- If for any reason we need to cancel your booked session with less than 24 hours’ notice, or your PT is more than 10 minutes late for your session, you will receive a replacement session free of charge.
- If your allocated Personal Trainer is on holiday, absent, or leaves the business, the Manager will assist in allocating you an alternative suitable Personal Trainer to take over your PT sessions.
NUTRITION BOOKING RULES
- All appointments must be paid for in advance via our online booking system.
- All appointments are booked in advance via our online booking system.
Expiry & Payment Dates
- All appointments start on the date of purchase and are valid for 6 months.
- Consultations are non-transferable.
Session Attendance Terms
- If the Client does not show up to an appointment or cancels within 24 hours of a scheduled appointment, Nutritionist reserves the right to charge the client 50% of the session payment fee. The above may be disregarded in the event of an emergency.
- Hannah is a Registered Nutritionist and does not provide medical advice nor prescribe treatment. Rather, she provides education to enhance my knowledge of health as it relates to foods, dietary supplements, and behaviours associated with eating.
- It is the responsibility of the client to make Nutritionist aware of all health or medical conditions, and to keep Nutritionist updated if my medical or health status changes.
- It is the responsibility of the client to make the Nutritionist aware of any medication that I am taking that could have implications for dietary intervention.
DIGITAL BOOKINGS (On-demand workouts and programs)
Digital bookings can be made through the BFunctional app.
We are committed to making the BFunctional digital offering truly best-in-class and are regularly releasing new features and updates.
Ensure your app is updated to the latest version to get the best experience.
- On App:Open your BFunctional app, sign-in here for App or here for Play
- On Desktop:Sign-in here.
- App Crashes: Delete the app and re-install the latest version
- Other: Hard close the app (swiping it away) three times and try again
- If you still have problems, contact us and we will resolve this for you email@example.com
- It can take a few minutes for the reset password email to come through. Double-check you entered your email address correctly and then check your junk inbox just in case it went to that mailbox. If you are still not able to reset your password and access the app, contact us and we can reset your account for you.
ACCESSING YOUR WORKOUTS OR PROGRAMS:
- On App:Open your BFunctional app, go to your menu and click “Workouts”.
- On Desktop:View workouts here.
CASTING FROM PHONE TO TV:
- Our app doesn’t have native casting capability, but you can get around this by mirroring your screen.
- Regardless of your mobile device you will need a casting enabled TV. Whether that is a smart TV or a regular TV enhanced with a third-party device such as Apple TV, Google Chromecast, or Amazon Fire Stick. Whatever you have, get it set up and ready to receive your phone by connecting both your TV and mobile to the same WiFi network.
- Apple users– Go to your command center, go to screen mirroring and then select your cast compatible smart TV from the list of devices. If an AirPlay passcode appears on your TV screen, enter the passcode displayed on your iOS device.
- Android users– Go to your mobile home screen and swipe down from the top of your screen to display your notification centre. Click on “Smart View” (or you can search for it) and then select your desired TV.
- Set your TV up on your Google home network. Then install the “Google Home” app on your mobile. Open it, click on the device you want to cast to and click cast.
- Then go into your BFunctional app and find a workout.
CASTING FROM DESKTOP TO TV:
- Apple users– Connect your Mac to the same Wi-Fi network as your cast compatible smart TV. On your Mac go to Apple menu > System Preferences > Displays, then select “Show mirroring options” in the menu. Choose your TV.
- Android users– On your computer, open a Google Chrome browser. In the top right corner of your screen click the 3 vertical dots. Then click cast and choose your TV.
If all else fails, you can connect your mobile or laptop directly to our TV, using an HDMI cable or one of those handy lightning to HDMI adapters for all of you iPhone users out there.
SUBSCRIPTION AND FEE
Clients must keep the Club informed of their up-to-date contact details.
All communications shall be presumed to have been received within 5 days of the postmarked date, or ‘sent’ date if via email.
BFunctional reserves the right to refuse a membership application from any applicant for any reason.
Subscription is non-transferable and non-refundable, unless there is written agreement to the contrary.
If any monthly fees or charges incurred are not paid when they fall due, BFunctional reserves the right to temporarily refuse the client access to the services until such time as full payment has been made.
If any monthly fees or charges incurred are not paid within 30 days after they are due, BFunctional shall have the right to demand payment in full.
If such amounts are not paid within 15 days after such demand, subscription shall be terminated and BFunctional may pursue any rights it may have to recover the unpaid amount.
BFunctional reserves the right to refer any missed payments to a debt collection agency and will charge you a fee, in respect of failed subscription payments and/or collection letters sent to you in respect of unpaid amounts. Upon termination of subscription, no refund of the admin fee, monthly fees or other fees shall be issued.
To re-join BFunctional after a termination of subscription, any unpaid subscriptions must be cleared, a new agreement completed.
Neither BFunctional nor the Celtic Academy will accept liability for any damage or loss to a client’s personal property brought into the Academy’s premises. All activities are taken at the client’s own risk. Neither the BFunctional nor the Celtic Academy shall be liable for personal injury sustained by clients whilst on the premises, except in so far as it can be proven that this relates to the wilful act, neglect or default of BFunctional nor the Celtic Academy.
Clients who suffer an accident or injury on the premises must report the accident or injury and the circumstances in which it occurred to BFunctional immediately following the accident or injury.
These terms and conditions and any disputes shall be governed by English Law and the parties submit to the courts of England and Wales.